For Immediate Release: Oct. 5, 2011
U.S. Department of Agriculture Montana Farm Service Agency
Phone: (406) 587-6786
FSA/MSU's annual Farm and Ranch Financial and Production Management Training Schedule Announced
BOZEMAN, Mont., Oct. 5, 2011– U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Montana Farm Service Agency (FSA) in conjunction with Montana State University (MSU) today announced that Financial and Production Management training is available for Montana agriculture producers. The series of six one-day training sessions will begin on Oct. 31 and will run through Dec. 12, 2011. Each of the six sessions is scheduled from 10 a.m. to Noon, and 1 to 3 p.m.
This continuing education course is available to anyone interested in learning more about managing their farm/ranch operation. This course also meets the requirements for production and financial management training for FSA loan recipients. In order to qualify for a certificate, all six sessions must be attended. Participants will be asked to pay the registration fee to cover the cost of the video conferencing at the first session they attend.
The cost to attend all six training sessions is $100 per family unit. A registration fee of $20 will be charged for anyone interested in attending a single session. The sessions are scheduled for Oct. 31, Nov. 15, Nov. 21, Nov. 28, Dec. 5 and Dec. 12. Anyone interested in attending should contact one of the locations listed below.
Training locations are:
· Beaverhead County-Dillon USDA Service Center; Contact Alan Jenne at 406-683-3830
· Carter County-Ekalaka USDA Service; Contact Robin Markuson at 406-775-6359, ext. 2
· Cascade County-Great Falls USDA Service Center; Contact Janet Smith at 406-727-7580, ext. 2
· Custer County-Miles City USDA Service Center; Contact Jeff Janshen at 406-232-7905, ext. 2
· Fergus County-Lewistown USDA Service Center; Contact Karen Boyles at 406-538-3489, ext. 2
· Glacier County-Cut Bank USDA Service Center; Contact Ed Daugherty at 406-873-5618, ext. 2
· Liberty County-Chester USDA Service Center; Contact Ed Daugherty at 406-873-5618, ext. 2
· Phillips County-Malta County Extension Service Office; Contact Ann Shettle at (406) 654-2543
· Aaniiih Nakoda College-Technology Center Conference Room, Fort Belknap Agency Campus; Contact Miranda Skoyen at (406) 357-2320, ext. 2
· Fort Peck Community College-Wolf Point Campus; Contact Camron DeBruycker at 406-433-2103, ext. 2
· Little Big Horn College-Crow Agency Campus; Contact 406 657-6277, ext. 2
· Stone Child College Campus - Rocky Boy's Reservation; Contact Miranda Skoyen at 406-357-2320, ext. 2
· Salish Kootenai College-Pablo Campus, Late Louis Caye Building; Contact Kim Adams at 406-676-2811, ext. 2
Topics to be covered are: 1.) Family Business Issues, 2.) Goals and Assessments, 3.) Taxation Issues, 4.) Financial Analysis I, 5.) Crop and Livestock Marketing, 6.) Public Policy Issues (Farm and Ranch Programs), 7.) Livestock and Crop Production, 8.) Risk Management, 9.) Communicating about Estate Planning, 10.)Crop Production, 11.) Tools Estate Planning and 12.) Retirement Planning.
The workshops are designed to provide a variety of management and production tools to assist producers meet today's financial demands.
For more information, contact the location contacts listed above or the MSU Extension Service. The training courses, schedule, dates, location and local contacts are also posted on the Montana Farm Service Agency state website at www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).