For Immediate Release: Oct. 19, 2011
U.S. Department of Agriculture Montana Farm Service Agency
Phone: (406) 587-6786
Additional sites added to FSA/MSU's annual Farm and Ranch Financial and Production Management Training Schedule
BOZEMAN, Mont., Oct. 19, 2011– U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Montana Farm Service Agency (FSA) in conjunction with Montana State University (MSU) today announced that six additional sites have been added to the Financial and Production Management training that is available for Montana agriculture producers. The series of six one-day training sessions will begin on Oct. 31 and will run through Dec. 12, 2011. Each of the six sessions is scheduled from 10 a.m. to Noon, and 1 to 3 p.m.
This continuing education course is available to anyone interested in learning more about managing their farm/ranch operation. This course also meets the requirements for production and financial management training for FSA loan recipients. In order to qualify for a certificate, all six sessions must be attended. Participants will be asked to pay the registration fee to cover the cost of the video conferencing at the first session they attend.
The cost to attend all six training sessions is $100 per family unit. A registration fee of $20 will be charged for anyone interested in attending a single session. The sessions are scheduled for Oct. 31, Nov. 15, Nov. 21, Nov. 28, Dec. 5 and Dec. 12. Anyone interested in attending should contact one of the locations listed below.
Available training locations are:
· Billings USDA Service Center - Yellowstone County FSA Office; Contact Mike Turley at (406) 657-6135, ext. 2
· Bozeman State FSA Office - 10 E. Babcock, Fifth Floor of Federal Building; Contact Nicky Swenson at (406) 587-6988
· Chester USDA Service Center - Liberty County FSA Office; Contact Ed Daugherty at (406) 873-5618, ext. 2
· Chinook USDA Service Center - Blaine County FSA Office; Contact Miranda Skoyen at (406) 357-2320, ext. 2
· Choteau USDA Service Center - Teton County FSA Office; Contact Eric Gunderson at (406) 466-5351, ext. 2
· Crow Agency Campus - Little Big Horn College; Contact Mike Turley at (406) 657-6135, ext. 2
· Cut Bank USDA Service Center - Glacier County FSA Office; Contact Ed Daugherty at (406) 873-5618, ext. 2
· Dillon USDA Service Center - Beaverhead County FSA Office; Contact Alan Jenne at (406) 683-3830
· Ekalaka USDA Service Center - Carter County FSA Office; Contact Robin Markuson at (406) 775-6359, ext. 2
· Fort Belknap Agency College Campus - Aaniiih Nakoda College-Technology Center Conference Room; Contact Miranda Skoyen at (406) 357-2320, ext. 2
· Glasgow USDA Service Center - Valley County FSA Office; Contact Sharon Baillargeon at (406) 228-4321, ext. 2
· Great Falls USDA Service Center - Cascade County FSA Office; Contact Janet Smith at (406) 727-7580, ext. 2
· Lewistown USDA Service Center - Fergus County FSA Office; Contact Karen Boyles at (406)538-3489, ext. 2
· Malta Extension Service Office - Phillips County; Contact Ann Shettle at (406) 654-2543
· Miles City USDA Service Center - Custer County FSA Office; Contact Jeff Janshen at (406) 232-7905, ext. 2
· Pablo - Salish Kootenai College Campus, Late Louis Caye Building; Contact Kim Adams at (406) 676-2811, ext. 2
· Rocky Boy's Reservation - Stone Child College Campus on Upper Box Elder Road; Contact Miranda Skoyen at (406) 357-2320, ext. 2
· Sidney USDA Service Center - Richland County FSA Office; Contact Camron DeBruycker at (406) 433-2103, ext. 2
· Wolf Point Campus - Fort Peck Community College; Contact Camron DeBruycker at (406) 433-2103, ext. 2
Topics to be covered are: 1.) Family Business Issues, 2.) Goals and Assessments, 3.) Taxation Issues, 4.) Financial Analysis I, 5.) Crop and Livestock Marketing, 6.) Public Policy Issues (Farm and Ranch Programs), 7.) Livestock and Crop Production, 8.) Risk Management, 9.) Communicating about Estate Planning, 10.) Crop Production, 11.) Tools Estate Planning and 12.) Retirement Planning.
The workshops are designed to provide a variety of management and production tools to assist producers in meeting today's financial demands.
For more information, contact the location contacts listed above. The training course schedule and more FSA news are available on the Montana Farm Service Agency state website at www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).
Jennifer Perez Cole
USDA Montana Farm Service Agency
Public Affairs Specialist/Outreach & Civil Rights Coordinator
406.587.6786 - (o)
406.587.6887 - (f)
406.390.3399 - (c)
“USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”